Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Musings and lettuce


No matter how hard I try I just can't seem to capture in a photograph my garden - the feelings I get when I wander through, tug at a weed...remembrances of my grandmother who when I asked "why did God make gnats" laughing heartily come to mind; the pride I feel in creating something that was not here before, something that I think is extraordinarily charming and beautiful; a place that gives me peace and a joy I've never felt anywhere else on earth. All I have to do is look at the deeply jeweled garnet color of the Don Juan rose or the baby leaf that unfurls and I am lost in that place that is "the zone" or the spot I'm supposed to be while meditating.

Okay - on to less poetic driven thoughts. Laughing - my contradictions are upon me today - LETTUCE. I've got beautiful heads of romaine, buttercrunch, red leaf and the strawberries ripen so quickly I can't eat them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment